The travel and exploration company will lead the effective management of the Conservation Reserves and, in return, will gain access to these awe-inspiring places for new Explora lodges.
In practice, Explora will buy a piece of land from the Reserves for its lodges. In the case of our first Conservation Reserve in Torres del Paine (Chilean Patagonia), Explora already owns the real estate, which the Reserve’s shareowners will acquire. About 65% of the revenue will be allocated to acquire the land and infrastructure and the remaining 35% will go toward anendowment. In other Conservation Reserves, the distribution may vary depending on how much investment is needed for each purpose.